Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
Current and former officials says day-to-day operations are working well, but morale and long term strategy are suffering. Martha Johnson, the nominee to be GSA administrator, remains on hold in Senate. GSA names fourth acting administrator since 2008 and the parade of interim leaders is creating more uneasiness about the agency's future.
Tags: management , Stephen Leeds , Christopher Bond , Sahar Wali , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Martha Johnson , Danielle Germain , Lurita Doan , Acting administrator , confirmation process
New site will launch on Jan. 24; Partnership for Public Service weighs in.
White House now eyes good ideas from industry. OMB also tells agencies to apply other contest suggestions within their agencies, including electronic pay stubs. President Obama says SAVE award will be an annual contest.
Administration names four finalists for the SAVE Award. Voting continues through Thursday, and the idea which receives the most votes will be presented to President Obama.
Huston Prescott from Alaska says streamlining redundant inspections of subsidized housing would save inspectors' time and taxpayers' money. Subsidized housing units all across the country receive funds from many different grant programs.
New bill hopes to address remaining challenges to improve the security clearance process. The legislation would require this new council to submit a new strategic plan and technology plan.
Deputy DoD CIO Wennergren dispels rumors of modified responsibilities for next appointee. Technology executives see their responsibilities evolve to meet their agency's mission. OMB will issue memo reaffirming the role of the CIO.
More than 3.3 million agency employees now have secure ID cards. The CIO Council also releases new roadmap and implementation guidance for identity and access management. The guidance is intended to bring several governmentwide efforts together under one initiative.
Acting CHCO Sanders says human resources will play key role in helping agency transform. HR employees must provide insight similar to a consultant to help meet the agency's needs. USDA also must engage its employees so they feel like they are contributing to meeting the agency's mission.