Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
OMB shifts to real time cybersecurity monitoring, cyberdefenses put to the test during annual NSA exercise, FCC considers testing cybersecurity compliancy
New White House guidance calls for agencies to submit data feeds to OMB's Cyberscope tool. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra hopes the information will give agencies a better idea of vulnerabilities and threats to computer networks. Agencies may have to shift money away from traditional reports to upgrade systems to meet new FISMA requirements.
Federal IT managers are under greater pressure than ever before to control costs while increasing energy efficiency and maintaining security. Under the leadership of Federal CIO Vivek Kundra, federal agencies have been tasked with complying with the recent OMB Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative, including the adoption of cloud computing and virtualized IT environments. Are agencies following through with these necessary upgrades, or are they falling behind the times? Tune into this panel to hear experts from GTSI, Oracle, and the Government Business Council (GBC), the research division of Government Executive Media Group, discuss the results of a recent in-depth study into the transformation of IT environments at federal agencies.
The four senior Office of Management and Budget officials who are leading the Obama Adminstration's management efforts detail the strategies they're using to move forward.
OMB Controller Danny Werfel says agencies have been developing inventories and now it's time to get rid of unneeded real estate.
Controller Danny Werfel says agencies have been developing inventories and now it's time to get rid of unneeded real estate. OMB also preparing to kick off cloud computing certification program. And administration's performance management portal under development.
Tags: IRMCO 2010 , management , technology , Danny Werfel , Vivek Kundra , Shelley Metzenbaum , GSA , DHS , DoD , Treasury , FDA , real property , improper payments , cloud computing , FedRAMP , performance measurement
Office of Federal Procurement Policy Administrator Dan Gordon gives us a sneak peek at the future of contractor relations.
J.D. Sicilia, Director of the DoD Lean Six Sigma Program Office and Howard Seamens, Performance Improvement Specialist with the Human Capital Portfolio in the DoD Lean Six Sigma Program Office say they've cut hiring time and improved candidates for Defense jobs.