Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
This is the second attempt to award infrastructure-as-a-service contracts. GSA increase the security requirements to moderate level and requires all vendors to be certified through FedRAMP program.
Vendors pessimistic that agencies can transition all services to Networx by June 2011. GSA says it will decide a few months before the contract ends whether to extend the current telecommunications contract.
Tags: technology , contracting , Steve Kempf , Sanjeev Bhagowalia , Ed Towns , Darrell Issa , Jean Weinberg , Vivek Kundra , GSA , Interior , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Interagency Management Council , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Diana Gowen , Don Herring , Susan Zeleniak , Networx , FTS 2001 , telecommunications , Jason Miller
OMB says FEMA will lead a working group to develop a plan to coordinate agency response for small businesses and other social services. FEMA will set up the group in the next 10 days.
500 performance improvement leaders from across the Department of Defense, including Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Agencies and activities, and federal government agencies get ready to gather and compare notes, and you're invited! We get details from J. D. Sicilia, the director of the Defense Department's Lean Six Sigma Program Office.
GPS glitch hit some military systems in January.
The Obama Administration believes that one of the major planks of an open and transparent government is the ready access to public information by citizens. One of the top federal officials involved in managing the federal government's rules and regulations says those who maintain the government's paper and electronic records are the "backbone of a transparent and open government."
After months of work and lots of speculation and discussion, the Office of Personnel Management announced a major program to reform the federal hiring process - including the elimination of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities essays.
Agency sets a goal for itself of having a zero carbon footprint. Administrator Johnson compares the goal to the moon shot to invigorate and attract employees. GSA also improving its schedules to address other agencies' need to buy sustainable products.
Administration memo details additional steps agencies can take to ensure organizations are reporting how they are using the money. OMB says agencies must check on beneficiaries who don't report more often and can terminate their funds or suspend them from receiving future money.