Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
U.S. President Barack Obama is asking government agencies to develop plans for five percent reductions in array of domestic programs, the White House said on Tuesday.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
Memo to agency deputy secretaries says the eRulemaking Program Office will work with other agencies to develop a taxonomy and set of best practices to federal rulemaking.
AT&T receives an authority to operate its cybersecurity services under the Networx telecommunications contract. Agencies now can purchase these services to meet the Trusted Internet Connections requirements.
Tags: technology , contracting , GSA , DHS , FTC , EPA , Treasury , AT&T , Qwest , Sprint , Verizon , Jeff Mohan , Tom McMahon , Bill White , Networx , telecommunications , cybersecurity , TIC , MTIPS , Jason Miller
Kshemendra Paul, the new Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment, must reestablish the role of the organization, experts say. James Carafano of Heritage says Paul must convince and educate the intelligence community about the value of the ISE. Jim Dempsey of the Markle Foundation Task Force says Paul must figure out the ISE's relationship with other information sharing organizations in the government.
Tags: technology , Kshemendra Paul , Leslie Phillips , ODNI , DoJ , Information Sharing Environment , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , GAO , James Carafano , Jim Dempsey , Paul Wormeli , IJIS , Heritage , Markle Foundation Task Force , information sharing , NIEM , Jason Miller
Some Republican members of Congress are making an election-year pitch to reduce the Federal worker headcount, and save money. But would it really do that?
Tags: management , pay and benefits , House , Federal Workforce Reduction Act , John Salamone , Federal Management Partners , Jackie Simon , AFGE , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Barack Obama , outsourcing , insourcing , brain drain , retirement wave , Max Cacas
Kshemendra Paul moves from the OMB chief architect to the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment. He will lead the work on information sharing standards, policies and procedures.
The Senate has begun consideration of proposals to give the President a line-item veto over individual provisions in federal spending bills. The measures are designed to overcome shortcomings in a 1996 line-item veto bill which was declared unconstitutional.
Tags: management , budget , line-item veto , Reduce Unnecessary Spending Act of 2010 , Senate , Judiciary Committee , Constitution Subcommittee , Russ Finegold , Paul Ryan , Jeffrey Liebman , White House , Barack Obama , Max Cacas
The document highlights work being done by NIST, standards working group and budget guidance to agencies. NIST to come out with several special publications to help agencies implement cloud computing. The CIO Council also includes use cases on 30 different cloud implementations.