Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
TechAmerica has put together the Commission on Government Technology Opportunity in the 21st Century.
Some of the investments listed on the IT Dashboard are already hundreds of millions of dollars over budget and years behind schedule. David Powner, Director of Information Technology Management Issues for GAO explains.
Agency leaders say a commitment hiring and training contract oversight personnel is an important step towards balancing the federal budget and increasing efficiency. They highlight several creative cost-cutting measures being undertaken government-wide.
Jeffrey Zients has been the federal chief performance officer for a little over a year now.
Jacob Lew, the last White House budget director to oversee a budget surplus, will be nominated to return to his old post as director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), President Obama announced Tuesday. The Hill's Walter Alarkon joins us with details.
OMB's figures come "from an incomplete database built from inconsistent data managed mainly by the agencies themselves, each using its own inventory method," says the Reason Foundation. Director of economic research, Anthony Randazzo, explains.
GovExec's Tom Shoop has more.
The Office of Management and Budget is taking aim at approximately 30 agency financial management modernization systems. Part of the new oversight is a Financial Systems Advisory Board made up of CFOs and CIOs across the government. The administration's goals are lower costs and improve performance by addressing long standing project problems.