Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
The White House sends its annual report to Congress outlining the cuts to discretionary spending next year. DoD, Energy and the FBI would face an extra $34 million cut to reach Budget Control Act cap levels if the Senate's spending bills become law.
Jenny Mattingley hosts a roundtable discussion of the current state of enterprise risk management in the federal government.
August 22, 2014
Tags: workforce , enterprise risk management , risk management , Karen Hardy , W. Todd Grams , Deloitte , Doug Webster , Cambio Consulting Group , Jenny Mattingley , Shaw Bransford and Roth , Fed Talk
The debut of the US Digital Service in the Office of Management and Budget is supposed to push innovation and best practices across Federal agencies. But the announcement about the Digital Service makes some contractors nervous, similar to the rollout of 18F at the General Services Administration. Aneesh Chopra is co-founder and executive vice president of Hunch Analytics, and former federal chief technology officer. On In Depth with Francis Rose, he said vendors selling in the government market shouldn't worry about their bottom lines.
The Inspector General Act gives IGs authority to obtain any information necessary for their investigations, but some agencies are giving IGs a hard time with their requests. Members of Senate and House oversight committees are calling on Shaun Donovan, the recently confirmed director of the Office of Management and Budget, to address the issue.
Tags: inspector general , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Tom Carper , Tom Coburn , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , Shaun Donovan , Stephanie Wasko , oversight , information sharing
The White House named Mikey Dickerson to lead the Digital Service Office and to be federal deputy CIO. OMB also releases the TechFAR and Digital Service Playbook to help agencies implement agile and other innovative contracting types.
A Government Accountability Office probe of USASpending.gov, the government's awards website, found that while contracting information was generally correct, only 2-to-7 percent of awards listed on the site perfectly matched agency data. GAO recommended better record keeping policies be set by the Office of Management and Budget to avoid inconsistencies.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Government Operations wants to know how agencies plan to dispose of and consolidate more than 7,000 federal properties worth $350 billion. On the same day, the FBI announced the finalists for the site of its consolidated relocation.
Tags: Ariel Levin-Waldman , GSA , GAO , Veterans Affairs , David Mader , Michael Gelber , David Wise , James Sullivan , Congress , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FBI , management , Public Buildings Service , real property disposal , Freeze the Footprint
Agencies released sustainability scorecards showing progress toward green goals. Overall, agencies have exceeded goals and reduced greenhouse gases, pollution and waste and increased renewables.
Agencies have until Oct. 1 to make competitive employment training grants more job-driven, according to a memo from the Office of Management and Budget. This follows the push from both President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden for agency training programs to focus on connecting employees to the right jobs.
Anne Rung, President Obama's nominee to lead the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, detailed her three major priorities should the Senate confirm her. Lawmakers press Rung on improving communication between OMB and Congress, and how best to deal with the multi-sector workforce.