Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OFPP
President Barack Obama announced Friday his plans to nominate Joseph Jordan, a former Small Business Administration official, to head the Office of Federal Procurement Policy.
The White House wants to reduce the amount of money agencies pay contractors for executive salaries to $200,000 from $694,000.
Improving contract management and workforce development and training the most important areas federal chief acquisition officers and senior procurement executives are focusing on in 2012.
A new memo from OFPP and OMB tells agencies to improve training to buy more from small businesses through the government charge card.
Alan Chvotkin, the vice president and general counsel of the Professional Services Council, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the role played by contractors in dispelling falsehoods about agency-contractor contractor communication.
Host Roger Waldron talks procurement and other issues with Dan Gordon, outgoing administrator for Federal Procurement Policy at the Office of Management and Budget.
December 20, 2011(Encore presentation January 3, 2011)
Tags: acquisition , procurement , contracting , OMB , Dan Gordon , strategic sourcing , management support services , acquisition workforce , small business , set aside contracts , Multiple award contracts , 2010 Small Business Jobs Act , George Washington University School of Law , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
OFPP Administrator Dan Gordon looks back on his tenure highlighting the successes of his office. Gordon will become the associate dean of contracts law at The George Washington University in January. He said improvements to the acquisition workforce and the implementation of strategic sourcing are among his accomplishments.
Procurement experts say the increased use of this punishment is the "death penalty" for the vendors. Lawmakers say agencies need penalize bad actors more aggressively.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , industry , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , Dan Gordon , GAO , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , supension and debarment , Bill Shook , Shook-Donan , Joe Hornyak , Holland and Knight , Jason Miller
OMB details the 12 product service codes and specific steps agencies must take over the next year to cut 15 percent of their management service contracts next year. Agencies spent $44 billion on these contracts in 2011.
A new report finds agency data is dubious and lacks reliability. OFPP disagrees with GAO's findings.