Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OFPP
Federal News Radio hosts Tom Temin and Francis Rose join host Mark Amtower to discuss some of the top issues affecting federal workers.
April 16, 2012.
Acting administrator Lesley Field said this version will focus on trying to dispel myths commonly held by industry. Agencies also posted their vendor communications plans on FedBizOpps.gov as part of the initial Mythbusters campaign.
The administration released a set of high-level concepts from listening sessions conducted in 2011 and is asking for input from the agencies, contractors and the public. Interested parties can comment on 14 suggestions to improve how people with disabilities access government information.
Mark Forman, the co-founder of Government Transaction Services and former administrator for E-Government and IT, and Rob Burton, a partner with the Venable law firm and the former deputy administrator for the Office of Federal Procurement Procurement Policy, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
The agency wants to make it easier for customers to buy non-IT professional services under one contract. Mary Davie, assistant commissioner at the Federal Acquisition Service, said the business case will be posted for governmentwide review by June.
Steven Schooner, co-director of the Government Procurement Law program at the school, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin with his take on Jordan's nomination and what's ahead for the federal contracting community.
President Barack Obama announced Friday his plans to nominate Joseph Jordan, a former Small Business Administration official, to head the Office of Federal Procurement Policy.
The White House wants to reduce the amount of money agencies pay contractors for executive salaries to $200,000 from $694,000.
Improving contract management and workforce development and training the most important areas federal chief acquisition officers and senior procurement executives are focusing on in 2012.
A new memo from OFPP and OMB tells agencies to improve training to buy more from small businesses through the government charge card.