Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OFPP
Anne Rung, the associate administrator of the General Services Administration's Office of Governmentwide Policy, is heading to the Office of Management and Budget by the end of May to be a senior adviser.
In this week's Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller explores how DoD is developing its cloud security standards and Treasury is filling a financial management void.
Tags: Teri Takai , FedRAMP , GSA , DoD , Keith Alexander , Edward Snowden , cloud , cybersecurity , Mike Rogers , Robert Work , Treasury , Mark Reger , Danny Werfel , Norman Dong , OMB , Anne Rung , Dennis VanderTuig , Dan Gordon , Lesley Field , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook
GSA, NASA and NIH are providing agency customers more insight into what they are buying, how they are buying it and what prices they are paying. OFPP plans to launch the Prices Paid Portal later this year. But others say it's not about the data, but the outcomes agencies are trying to achieve.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , GSA , Chris Fornecker , Joanne Woytek , NASA , Rob Coen , NIH , Paul Brubaker , DoD , Karen Pica , OMB , Lesley Field , Data transparency , Christina Ho , Treasury , USASpending.gov , Acquisition Excellence Conference , ACT-IAC
Former OFPP Administrator Dan Gordon joins Mark Amtower for a wide ranging discussion of a variety of procurement issues.
March 17, 2014
Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) tries to get to the bottom of why, after a decade, contracting officers still do not have quality information on how contractors perform. GSA said it has a plan to integrate 10 databases by 2018 through a series of incremental improvements.
Jordon Sims, director of Organization Relations and Programs for the Project Management Institute, contends OFPP needs to look at existing pockets of excellence to raise the level of program and project management across the government.
Joe Jordan, the administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, is leaving the administration Friday after working five years in assorted senior contracting manager positions. He said agencies are using strategic sourcing, reducing spending and receiving more competition.
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy revised Circular A-131 for the first time in 20 years. A-131 promotes the use of value engineering (VE), which is an organized effort by an integrated product team to evaluate functions of systems, facilities, services and supplies with an eye toward lowering costs and maintaining performance, quality, safety and reliability.
Joe Jordan will become the president of the public sector at FedBid. He's leaving OFPP after 18 months.
A new memo from OFPP Administrator Joe Jordan outlines eight changes since 2007. Among the major changes is the requirement for program and project managers to meet all the certification prerequisites.