Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OFPP
Federal News Radio has obtained the draft policy letter that will standardize and help explain what jobs should only be done by federal employees. OFPP is expected to issue the draft policy letter tomorrow. The draft policy provides 20 examples of inherently governmental jobs and 19 that are considered closely associated with inherently governmental.
Agencies are getting a better understanding whether they over-rely on contractors. Vendors are mostly happy with the draft policy detailing how agencies should decide which jobs should be done only by federal employees. OMB expects 24 demonstration projects to finish by early May.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , Dan Gordon , OMB , TechAmerica , Professional Services Council , Business Coalition for Fair Competition , Trey Hodgkins , Stan Soloway , inherently governmental , insourcing , A-76
GSA will award a contract to create a new enterprise architecture by the end of October. The agency's goal is to consolidate eight disparate systems to make it easier to access procurement data. The current systems are not interoperable and plagued with long-standing problems.
Tags: contracting , Vivek Kundra , Sen. Claire McCaskill , Sen. Robert Bennett , William Woods , OMB , GAO , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , FPDS , AOCS , PPIRS , Excluded Parties List System
Administration officials still claim some success
Acquisition Academy training current and future contracting professionals. The school is open to VA and other civilian agency acquisition workers. VA to add facilities management to curriculum in 2011.
The deputy director for management tells lawmakers the government will save $40 billion over the next two years. Zients also wants agencies to grow the acquisition workforce by five percent over the next few years. Lawmakers express some reservations about OMB's plans.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , Claire McCaskill , Susan Collins , Tom Coburn , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs , Contracting Oversight , acquisition workforce , A-76 , Inherently governmental , insourcing