Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: ODNI
Al Tarasiuk, the chief information officer for ODNI and for the intelligence community, said the IC-IT Enterprise strategy is centralizing technology services across the 17 agencies.
October 11, 2012(Encore presentation November 22, 2012)
Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise will reach initial operating capability next March on the way to full implementation in 2018. The NGA and DIA are building a common desktop for all of the intelligence community agencies.
Tags: intelligence , technology , NGA , GEOINT , James Clapper , Letitia Long , Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise , shared services , cloud computing , common desktop , Jared Serbu , NSA , CIA , DIA
The Information Sharing Environment is supporting a set of technology priories to promote the safe disclosure of data. In the ISE's annual report to Congress, it highlights the steps agencies have taken over the past year to move toward a culture of responsible and secure information sharing.
Tags: technology , management , Kshemendra Paul , Information Sharing Environment , WikiLeaks , information sharing , Insider Threat Strategy , National Strategy for Infomation Sharing , NIEM , Supicious Activity Reporting standard , Jason Miller , FICAM , identity management
The developing field of using social media to gather information can provide benefits to the intelligence community, but it also involves challenges. The changing environment of open source intelligence requires agencies and companies plan their approaches carefully.
Tags: technology , Government Executive magazine , Invertix , Craig Parisot , Open Source Center , Fairmont State University , David Abruzzino , Patrick O’Neil , Esther Carey , intelligence , open source , social media , DNI
The initiative aims to provide federal employees with college credit for certain agency-created human resources classes. Federal employees could apply the courses toward degrees at colleges and universities.
Republican senators on Tuesday welcomed a move by the director of national intelligence to snuff out leaks of classified information but insisted that a special counsel is needed to investigate the Obama administration and recent disclosures.
Agency officials from the Defense Department and the Office of Personnel Management, along with a handful of other agencies, cited significant improvements in both timeliness and accuracy in the security-clearance program at a Senate subcommittee. The agencies agreed, however, much work remained to maintain that progress and to take on new challenges, such as reciprocity and reinvestigation.
The government is working with a cobbled-together set of authorities and responsibilities when it comes to protecting networks from cyber threats, a top Homeland Security Department cyber official said Wednesday. Congress needs to act soon to update the nation's cybersecurity posture, he said.
Tags: cybersecurity , DoD , DHS , critical infrastructure , information sharing , University of Rhode Island , DIA , U.S. Cyber Command , James Langevin , Michael Flynn , Mark Weatherford , Jared Serbu
The Insider Threat Task Force expects to submit its national plan to the White House in the next few months. The Defense Department will use its secure identity cards to stop unauthorized access to data and systems.
Tags: technology , management , FBI , Gordon Snow , John Swift , Rob Carey , DoD , Diana Braun , Insider Threat Task Force , White House , HSPD 12 , secure identity card , identity management , PKI , information sharing , WikiLeaks , insider threat , FOSE , Jason Miller
Whether the strategy is reducing personnel, consolidating offices or investing IT, "every one of them impacts people," said Ron Sanders, the former chief human capital officer for the Director of National Intelligence and now the executive adviser for Booz Allen Hamilton.