Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance
What's the key to unclogging the notoriously congested transportation network in the D.C. region? It really depends who you ask.
Some say Arlington County is way ahead of the curve when it comes to smart, sustainable transportation. Others say the county is hindering regional transportation projects. WTOP's Adam Tuss and Hank Silverberg take a closer look at transportation issues in Arlington.
Tags: I-395 , I-95 , High Occupancy Toll lanes , HOT lanes , Beltway , Capital Beltway , I-66 , Bob McDonnell , Rosslyn-Ballston corridor , Bob Chase , Arlington County Board , Jay Fisette , Adam Tuss , Hank Silverberg
The Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance worries that a 9-mile, two-lane stretch of the road north of Leesburg to the Maryland border could get too congested.
The existing network is not going to serve the 2 million more people who are going to be in this region in 25 years," says Bob Chase, president of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance.