Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Norman Dong
Some agency leaders who would be charged with implementing the bill are unsure the DATA Act can be brought to life successfully. Officials said the government can improve how it makes data accessible and publishes procurement and other spending information. But the DATA Act may be asking for things that aren't pragmatically possible.
Tags: management , financial management , Dick Gregg , Treasury , Jim Taylor , Labor , OMB , DATA Act , Rob Portman , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Hudson Hollester , Data Transparency Coalition , Association of Government Accountants , Data Center Consolidation Act , Jason Miller
The Office of Management and Budget rescinds CircularA-127 and issues new guidance to simplify financial system requirements. The goal is to improve quality, utility and the reliability of federal financial information.
Deputy Controller Norman Dong issued a memo to CFOs detailing steps they must take over the next 17 months better track and validate data between agency financial systems and the USASpending.gov portal.
OMB and Treasury have been working with the four federal financial management shared services providers to collect information on cost and performance. OMB Deputy Controller Norman Dong said the data will help agencies make true comparisons of the providers.