Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Norm Lorentz
Norm Lorentz, Director for the Global Public Sector at Grant Thornton and Dan Chenok, Senior Fellow at the IBM Center for The Business of Government join Francis Rose for this week's Federal News Countdown
Three IT veterans will join host John Gilroy to talk about design tools that government agencies can use to reduce the costs of their IT systems.
May 31, 2011
Tags: technology , enterprise architecture , Mark Foreman , Government Transaction Services , Grant Thorton , Dick Burke , ACT/IAC , Vivek Kundra , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , website design , ARMATURE
Your agency invests a lot of money in IT, so it's no surprise you want the best out of it.
The Pentagon will issue new guidance this summer to move the military services away from buying technology in the same way they buy weapons. DoD's challenges are similar across the government, according to a new survey of CIOs. TechAmerica finds in their 21st survey of CIOs that technology managers believe acquisition employees need more expertise in buying IT.
Tags: technology , management , contracting , Beth McGrath , DoD , OMB , TechAmerica , Grant Thornton , cloud computing , CIO survey , Web 2.0 , TechStat , cybersecurity , agile development , Jason Miller