Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Nick Guertin
A new approach to defense acquisition reform may come from a television show. Nick Guertin, director of transformation in the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development, Test and Evaluation, and his colleague Howard Reichel, presented a paper called "Open Systems Architecture License Rights: A New Era for the Public-Private Marketplace" at the 11th annual Acquisition Research Symposium. Their views are their own. Nick tells Francis Rose on In Depth about the unique challenge intellectual property poses for defense contracting.
On this week's edition of Agency of the Month, Nick Guertin, the Navy's director of Transformation in the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development, Test and Evaluation, joins host Sean McCalley to discuss how online gaming is helping the Navy with its acquisition strategies.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.