Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Networx
Richard Spires wants to set up a program management center of excellence and provide tools and best practices around requirements development. DHS also is making progress with data center and network consolidations. Next up for the agency is merging its network and security operations centers.
Government sources confirmed that Qwest received approval last week.
CIO, Customs and Border Protection
March 19, 2009
The agency is extending the FTS2001 bridge contract with four vendors for at least another six months. Most of the largest agencies have not fully transitioned to the telecommunications. GSA is readying several other contracts including for HSPD-12 services and strategic sourcing for wireless services.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Karl Krumbholz , Mike O'Neill , Patricia Waddell , Larry Hale , GSA , Sprint , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , AFFIRM , telecommunications , FTS-2001 , schedule contracts , BetterBuy Wiki , SmartBUY , HSPD-12 , Networks 2020 , Connections , Jason Miller
The Defense Information Systems Agency awarded one of the remaining big deals under the Networx telecommunications contract to Qwest.
The agency wants help from federal and industry partners to improve communications between the two. GSA said it has a large toolbox of resources agencies can build on to fit their specific missions. Vendors also should be on the lookout for several new contracts in the coming months.
After meetings between agencies, the CIO Council's panel is concerned that even if agencies meet OMB's 2012 deadline to make the switch, their Internet service providers may not. The task force is hoping to meet with GSA and Networx vendors to make sure everyone is ready for IPv6.
Tags: technology , contracting , industry , Pete Tseronis , John Curran , Andrew McLaughlin , OMB , CIO Council , American Registry for Internet Numbers , IPv6 , Internet service providers , Jared Serbu
Congressmen introduce legislation requiring agencies to transition to the new telecommunications contract from FTS2001 by May 2010. Towns said the government could lose $500 million because of the delays.
The Department of Health and Human Services chose Verizon to provide data services under the Networx telecommunications contract.
Edward Morche is the Senior Vice President of Level 3 Federal Markets. He tells the DorobekINSIDER the reimbursement deadline is really a way for GSA to pay back the agencies for the extra work they incur by transitioning from one contract to another.