Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
Virtually every one of DoD's acquisition programs took a hit from sequestration in the first year of sequestration, officials from each of the military services told lawmakers this week. But the next few years of the 10-year spending restrictions could be much more painful, especially if Congress doesn't return to the process of enacting regular appropriations bills.
The Navy said the suspect was in custody after the shooting at Naval Support Activity Mid-South in Millington, near Memphis. The Navy said two soldiers were wounded, though neither had life- threatening injuries.
Tags: DoD ,
A month after IT contractor Aaron Alexis gunned down a dozen colleagues at the Washington Navy Yard, the Navy has assembled a team of experts to handle every aspect of the recovery effort, from restoring operations at the facility to continuing to care for those affected by the tragedy. Dennis McGinn, the assistant secretary of the Navy for Energy, Installation and Environment (EI&E) has been tasked with leading the recovery task force.
Jamie Morin, the outgoing comptroller and President Barack Obama's nominee to be DoD's second director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation office, told lawmakers Thursday that the Air Force would struggle to meet the 2014 financial management deadline. Jo Ann Rooney, the nominee to be undersecretary of the Navy, said furloughs from sequestration and the government shutdown have delayed progress on several programs.
Tags: management , Congress , DoD , Jo Ann Rooney , Jamie Morin , Michael Lumpkin , financial management , audit readiness , Carl Levin , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , acquisition , government shutdown , sequestration , Jason Miller , Air Force ,
CAPT James Kilby, deputy for Ballistic Missile Defense, AEGIS, and Destroyers in the Navy's Surface Warfare Directorate, joins host Sean McCalley on this week's Agency of the Month program to discuss the agency's next-gen AEGIS system.
The FBI says Aaron Alexis did not target individuals when he went on a shooting spree at the Washington Navy Yard. A video released by the FBI shows Alexis arriving at the Navy Yard by car and entering Building 197, the headquarters of Naval Sea Systems Command.
The Navy, in a report released Monday, revealed that the shooter, Aaron Alexis, did not disclose a 2004 arrest or some financial problems when he filled out his application for a security clearance when he joined the Navy as a reservist several years later. And officials said the background report given to the Navy at the time, also failed to reveal that he had shot out the tires of another person's car during a 2004 dispute in Seattle.
Thirteen people were killed when 34-year-old Aaron Alexis opened fire at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, Sept. 16. The shooter himself was killed in a gun battle with the police. These are the stories of the victims.