Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
Transparency moves the MSPB to hear oral arguments for the first time in nearly 30 years.
Nine years of conflict have revolutionized the way the military treats people wounded in battle. That includes faster evacuations, better-executed trauma care networks, and huge advances in treating amputations and spinal-cord injuries.
A week from today --the Senate Armed Services Committee is going to have a hearing about Pentagon's plans to close the Joint Forces Command headquarters in Norfolk to save money. Va. Sen. Jim Webb, who is a former Navy Secretary has pushed to get the hearing because they are concerned that the JFCOM closure will hit Virginia and the Tidewater region hard from an economic perspective. Webb and the rest of the Va. Congressional delegations are said to be exploring options to stop the shutdown.
There's a new type of naval warrior. Commander of Navy Cyber Forces, Rear Admiral Tom Meek explains.
Appropriators slash F-35 purchases in fiscal 2011, U.S. charges Florida pair with selling counterfeit computer chips from China to the U.S. Navy and military
Learn more about efforts to provide senior Navy officers with more comprehensive training
The Navy is educating deployed officers in culture and language.
Rob Carey, the Navy CIO, signs an electronic signature policy to let Navy offices move to online processes. Carey said the memo is not a mandate, but serves as a catalyst for program managers who believe it makes business sense to move processes away from paper
Ask any woman who serves in the Armed Forces what she thinks about the uniform that she wears, and she will likely say that she wears it with pride. But once you get beyond that pride, the question then becomes, how does she really feel about that uniform when you have to wear it day in and day out, especially in combat...and it doesn't fit just right? Both the Army and the Navy are taking steps to address the uniform concerns of their female members.
The Navy indicated Monday there would be a several-month delay in awarding a high-profile combat ship contract. We get details from The Hill's Roxana Tiron