Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
Learn more about efforts to provide senior Navy officers with more comprehensive training
The Navy is educating deployed officers in culture and language.
Rob Carey, the Navy CIO, signs an electronic signature policy to let Navy offices move to online processes. Carey said the memo is not a mandate, but serves as a catalyst for program managers who believe it makes business sense to move processes away from paper
Ask any woman who serves in the Armed Forces what she thinks about the uniform that she wears, and she will likely say that she wears it with pride. But once you get beyond that pride, the question then becomes, how does she really feel about that uniform when you have to wear it day in and day out, especially in combat...and it doesn't fit just right? Both the Army and the Navy are taking steps to address the uniform concerns of their female members.
The Navy indicated Monday there would be a several-month delay in awarding a high-profile combat ship contract. We get details from The Hill's Roxana Tiron
Tags: management , pay and benefits , CHCO , DHS , Jeff Neal , Pat Adams , Ray Limon , CNCS , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Scott Cameron , Grant Thornton , OPM , federal hiring , Kathryn Medina , Max Cacas
DoE set up Energy Savings Performance Contracts with several different companies to work under a share-in-savings approach to reduce agency utility bills. Agencies do not have to pay upfront costs to move electricity or other infrastructure away from fossil fuels. The contracts could help agencies meet the White House's carbon footprint and greenhouse goals.
Tags: management , Skye Schell , Energy , White House , Justice , green government , energy efficiency , carbon footprint , greenhouse gas emissions , energy service companies , Energy Savings Performance Contracts , Jason Miller
August 10th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on CyberSecurity in the federal government,top cybersecurity priorities, key challenges to still overcome in IT Security, lessons learned, and a vision for the future - how can we be proactive and prevent attacks?
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cybersecurity , Greg Schaffer , DHS , Rob Carey , Pat Howard , Joseph MOorcones , SafeNet , Sam Chun , HP , Ed White , McAfee , Jim Flyzik , Trezza , Flyzik Group
July 26th and 28th
Information dominance is about using information and data to prevent conflicts or win in a crisis.
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update