Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
A new program will target high school students in the government's search for the next generation of cyber warriors. Lawmakers hope the U.S. Cyber Challenge will help attract and train much needed experts in cybersecurity.
A study released Tuesday by the RAND Corporation finds that DoD's programs for developing renewable fuels will provide no military advantage. It also questions whether the Defense Department should be conducting the research at all.
The Boeing Co. has landed a contract worth $1.53 billion from the U.S. Navy to manufacture six P-8A Poseidon aircraft.
David Rice has also served as a Global Network Vulnerability analyst for the National Security Agency, sources tell Computer Business Review.
The Navy has set initial target dates to plan for a more efficient IT infrastructure, including data center consolidation, virtualization and enterprise software licensing. As a first step, the service says it needs to get a better handle on how many software licenses it actually owns.
Tags: technology , DoD , Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative , data center consolidation , cloud computing , DoD budget , Janice Haith , David Dorsett , Jared Serbu , DoD Report , Federal Drive
Former CIA Director James Woolsey advocates use of alternative fuels. He explains some of the ways to do this in his interview with In Depth host Francis Rose.
January 25th, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Workers, Citizens, and Customers need easy access to their tools and teams to make quicker, higher quality decisions. They require a high level of responsiveness, agility, and data in a format they can use, i.e. Efficient, Mobile Information Transfer
Panelists will examine how we provide instant worker status, state, and preferences before you make that first contact - saving up to 1/3rd of your time. How do you help workers connect the right way the first time to speed decision making and elevate efficiency and productivity ; If you're the implementer, how do you implement presence-based mobility strategies while balancing today's communications innovation and productivity?
The Navy's top IT official ordered the entire service not to spend any money for new or upgraded servers and data centers. This comes as the service prepares to release its enterprise data center consolidation strategy in March.
The Naval Academy's Andrew Phillips explains the shift in the 166-year-old institution's curriculum.