Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
Retiring Secretary of Defense Robert Gates has recommended the president nominate Navy Adm. Jonathan Greenert as the next chief of naval operations (CNO).
The Navy is preparing to launch a new program of inspections to gauge its commands' cybersecurity measures.
The Navy readies RFIs for email and data storage to figure out how to best reduce spending on non-mission critical systems. Navy CIO Terry Halvorsen is exploring whether DON's non-classified email can be hosted by a third party, and whether a public-private partnership can be developed around data centers. Navy has no plans to use the DISA email system.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Marine Corps , technology , industry , contracting , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , enterprise email , Terry Halvorsen , Robert Work , AFCEA , Jared Serbu
Terry Halvorsen, the Department of the Navy's chief information officer, said the Navy and Marine Corps should expect ruthless cost cutting in information technology. Halvorsen said if the services don't cut costs themselves, it will be done for them.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Marine Corps , technology , management , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , application rationalization , Enterprise software licensing , Terry Halvorsen , Janice Haith , Jared Serbu
It's like something straight out of Star Wars. The Navy is developing laser cannons. Learn more in today's DoD Report
The Navy may have to keep some attack subs around past their retirement. Learn more in today's DoD Report
Contractors building facilities for the Navy and Marine Corps have to offer up some green elements in their blueprints. WFED's Jared Serbu reports.
Aargh! The Navy will deploy a new breed of fighters to combat Somali pirates: internet-gamers.
The Navy has awarded Pratt & Whitney's Military Engines division a modification to nearly one billion dollars in contracts for F-35 Joint Strike Force fighter engines.
The game is called the Massive Multiplayer Online Wargame Leveraging the Internet (MMOWGLI).