Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
Lesley Lykins is the Director of Emerging Media Integration for the Navy Office of Information.
Rear Adm. Sean Filipowski will take over from Rear Adm. Jan Tighe as the deputy director of operations at Cyber Command.
The Navy awards contracts to 333 companies under its SeaPort-E services acquisition program.
Raytheon to provide jam-proof communications for submarines, major surface ships and sites onshore, as well as connectivity with U.S. Army and Air Force communication systems.
Retiring Secretary of Defense Robert Gates has recommended the president nominate Navy Adm. Jonathan Greenert as the next chief of naval operations (CNO).
The Navy is preparing to launch a new program of inspections to gauge its commands' cybersecurity measures.
The Navy readies RFIs for email and data storage to figure out how to best reduce spending on non-mission critical systems. Navy CIO Terry Halvorsen is exploring whether DON's non-classified email can be hosted by a third party, and whether a public-private partnership can be developed around data centers. Navy has no plans to use the DISA email system.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Marine Corps , technology , industry , contracting , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , enterprise email , Terry Halvorsen , Robert Work , AFCEA , Jared Serbu
Terry Halvorsen, the Department of the Navy's chief information officer, said the Navy and Marine Corps should expect ruthless cost cutting in information technology. Halvorsen said if the services don't cut costs themselves, it will be done for them.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Marine Corps , technology , management , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , application rationalization , Enterprise software licensing , Terry Halvorsen , Janice Haith , Jared Serbu
It's like something straight out of Star Wars. The Navy is developing laser cannons. Learn more in today's DoD Report
The Navy may have to keep some attack subs around past their retirement. Learn more in today's DoD Report