Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
The Navy may have to keep some attack subs around past their retirement. Learn more in today's DoD Report
Contractors building facilities for the Navy and Marine Corps have to offer up some green elements in their blueprints. WFED's Jared Serbu reports.
Aargh! The Navy will deploy a new breed of fighters to combat Somali pirates: internet-gamers.
The Navy has awarded Pratt & Whitney's Military Engines division a modification to nearly one billion dollars in contracts for F-35 Joint Strike Force fighter engines.
The game is called the Massive Multiplayer Online Wargame Leveraging the Internet (MMOWGLI).
The George H.W. Bush Carrier Strike Group, including America's newest aircraft carrier, deploys today.
Moving into a new building has allowed DISA to revamp its technology infrastructure, including consolidating circuits, servers and paper records. The Joint Task Force, National Capital Region Medical is building a new network to carry health data and applications for three services to share. Both organizations say without BRAC, these changes would have taken longer to happen.
Tags: BRAC , BRAC Impact , DISA , Army , Jason Miller , technology , DoD , Henry Sienkiewicz , Chuck Chapdelaine , Joint Task Force National Capital Region Medical , Air Force , Ft. Meade , records management , IP network , health IT , Data center consolidation
Federal News Radio has compiled a list of important links and resources on the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure.
Just how many Defense Department employees will eventually be using a cloud-based e-mail service depends who you ask. Maj. Gen. Ronnie Hawkins, the Defense Information Systems Agency’s vice director, told reporters Tuesday, selling the Navy and Air Force on its cloud-based email system is a matter of when, not if. However, Hawkins admits, “If you [...]
The Army is moving its email to the Defense Information Systems Agency's cloud. DISA's vice chief told reporters Tuesday that getting the rest of the military services on board was a question of when, not if.