Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
As the Defense Department's proposed Cyber Command awaits confirmation hearings on its proposed commander, the services are moving forward to establish their own cyber organizations. Vice Admiral Barry McCullough reported for duty on January 29th as Commander of the newly reconstituted 10th Fleet, officially standing up the U.S. Navy's Fleet Cyber Command.
Most federal workers get matching, tax-deferred contributions to their thrift savings plan, but the military refuses to give them to soldiers, sailors and airmen. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asks "how come?"
Coast Guard wants to set up separate network to use social media sites. CIO Council looking at cybersecurity implications of these tools.
The US military is pioneering social media in a theater of war.
Its back to the future for the American space program. NASA is currently testing the next-generation Orion spacecraft, designed replace the space shuttle. If the cone shape looks familiar, its because its almost identical to the Apollo lunar modules. The Orion is now being tested at the Navy's Surface Warfare Center in Bethesda, Maryland. And instead of landing like a shuttle, Orion will splash down like Apollo. I'm Max Cacas
Listen On Demand Below
Tags: tech , cybersecurity , Digital Pearl Harbor , Dave Bowen , FAA , Darren Ash , NRC , Robert Carey , Jim Finch , FBI , Dean Turner , Symantec , Dr. Eric Cole , Lockheed Martin , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza