Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
DoD, OPM to make recommendations this summer
Tags: P&B , Brad Bunn , Brenda Farrell , Darryl Perkinson , Rep. Solomon Ortiz , Rep. Randy Forbes , DoD , GAO , SSA , IRS , House Armed Services Committee , OPM , Federal Managers Association , NSPS , pay-for-performance , GS system
Services react with relief and expectation for what new organization can do for the military. Alexander says securing DoD networks is foremost focus.
Tags: technology , security , Keith Alexander , Greg Schumacher , David Senty , Sean Filipowski , Ray Letteer , DoD , NSA , Air Force , Army , Marines Corps , DHS , AFCEA , cybersecurity , Cyber Command , workforce
Each service will implement core requirements, but have own unique system. Experience with DIHMRS brings back debate about what is the BTA's role.
White House cyber office working on strategy document to address issues around identity management. This is part of the administration's broader effort to better integrate all of these initiatives.
Biometrics, more card memory giving military more options. In the future, employees may be able to use federal ID cards on metro.
The Pentagon is ordering another 2,000 Marines to Haiti, diverting troops that were on their way to the Persian Gulf and Africa region. Navy officials say three ships that left Virginia Monday for their regular deployment have been told to go Haiti instead for the earthquake relief effort. The first group of some 2,000 Marines already off Haiti's shore went on land for the first time Tuesday to help deliver aid. A Pentagon official says there are some 11,500 U.S. military personal in Haiti or offshore and 16,000 are expected by week's end.
The Associated Press is reporting that an internal Navy document shows new plans to replace the president's fleet of helicopters will cost taxpayers more and take years longer to deliver than a recently scrapped contract. Rep. Maurice Hinchey said the Pentagon's plan to abandon aircraft built by Lockheed Martin Corp. and buy a new fleet with similar capabilities at a cost of up to $22 billion for delivery as late as in 2024 is "beyond illogical." He represents the district where the helicopters are made. The funding issue likely will boil over next week when House and Senate lawmakers meet to resolve differences over their respective defense spending bills.
New guidance offers steps agencies can take address risks in cell phones, PDAs
Defense agency expands software development platform for projects that require more security. Army and Navy already are using the new ProjectForge platform. DISA expects to add more functions to Forge.mil later this year.
A service command, Fleet Forces Command, and the Joint Forces Command, a joint command, live on the same installation, collaborate, fund and see through to completion a single building for a dual, but combined purpose.