Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
The Navy is taking a different look at curing post-traumatic stress disorder. A doctor says he has developed an injection for the neck that can cure PTSD, Wired reports. Capt. Anita Hickey, the director of Integrative Pain Medicine at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego has received $100,000 to test Dr. Lipov's method.
The faceoff between the Navy Midshipmen and the Army Black Knights is almost here, and the pre-game anticipation has already spread to Twitter.
Terry Halvorsen, the chief information officer at the Navy, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the Navy's efforts to attract small-business IT contractors.
The service will reissue two major pieces of the draft RFP for comment. The Navy said it will not release the final RFP before the end of January.
Rear Adm. Phillip Cullom joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the new step in the Navy's green energy efforts at sea.
After the passage of the 1986 Goldwater-Nichols Act, the Pentagon stopped fighting the Congressional push for the military services to come together. Instead, it innovated joint operations beyond the wildest hopes of reformers in Congress. Can that model be exported to the rest of the federal government?
It took more than four years, but Congress succeeded in revamping the organizational structure of the Pentagon over the strident objections of the military's own leadership 25 years ago.
Tags: DoD , management , reorganization , Goldwater-Nichols Act , Barry Goldwater , Sam Nunn , Bill Nichols , James Locher , David Jones , Ike Skelton , Rudy deLeon , Lindsey Graham , Jared Serbu , Joint Chiefs of Staff , Army , Air Force , Marines
Rear Adm. David Titley, director of task force climate change, examines how changing climate impacts naval operations.
The Navy says its F-35C is different from the F-35A and B because of larger wing surfaces and reinforced landing gear, to hold up under the strain of catapult launches and short landings on aircraft carriers.
The hospital is a merger of the former Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. and the Bethesda National Naval Medical Center. The Army moved patients from the Washington facility to the Bethesda campus and a new hospital at Fort Belvoir in Northern Virginia.