Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
It took more than four years, but Congress succeeded in revamping the organizational structure of the Pentagon over the strident objections of the military's own leadership 25 years ago.
Tags: DoD , management , reorganization , Goldwater-Nichols Act , Barry Goldwater , Sam Nunn , Bill Nichols , James Locher , David Jones , Ike Skelton , Rudy deLeon , Lindsey Graham , Jared Serbu , Joint Chiefs of Staff , Army , Air Force , Marines
Rear Adm. David Titley, director of task force climate change, examines how changing climate impacts naval operations.
The Navy says its F-35C is different from the F-35A and B because of larger wing surfaces and reinforced landing gear, to hold up under the strain of catapult launches and short landings on aircraft carriers.
The hospital is a merger of the former Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. and the Bethesda National Naval Medical Center. The Army moved patients from the Washington facility to the Bethesda campus and a new hospital at Fort Belvoir in Northern Virginia.
The use senior mentors — retired military officers or former high-level civilian officials hired as contractors — has dropped precipitously in the year and a half since the Defense Department instituted stiffer conflict-of-interest rules and a pay cap, according to an inspector general's report issued last week.
James VanAntwerp is the winner of the Federal Managers Association's Federal Manager of the year award.
For a progress report on how the military is combating the cyber threat and a look at the near term future, officials from the Army, Navy and Air Force cyber commands joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris for a special Federal News Radio panel discussion.
The Pentagon will soon announce winners of its latest round of grant funding to try out new energy technologies at its U.S. bases. The response from industry and other government agencies has been overwhelming, officials said.
The center has also established internships at the National Security Agency and the National Defense University.The goal is to build awareness among officers of what strategists consider the fifth domain of warfare.
Capt. Duane Ashton, the program manager for unmanned systems in the Navy's program executive office for Littoral Combat Ships. He joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the new device and how it furthers Navy's trend toward using more unmanned vessels.