Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
Competition, reliance on commercial technology drove down prices for IT consolidation on ships, Navy official says. The service still is figuring out how to integrate CANES with its NGEN shore-based system. The RFP for NGEN is expected any day.
The Pentagon will begin testing cloud-based joint networking environment in Europe this summer. Effort aims to eliminate seams between service-and-mission-specific networks.
Recently, the U.S. Navy awarded Raytheon Company a $106.4 million modification award for the production of Aegis-related equipment, including the AN/SPY-1(D)V radar transmitter and MK99 Mod 14 Fire Control System. With this modification, Raytheon continues its long history of reliable manufacturing of these two essential components, which are both key elements of the Aegis systems. These components have been in production for more than 30 years as part of the U.S. Navy's Aegis shipbuilding program.
he Military Equal Opportunity Network is a standalone, online, web-based program that standardizes, tracks and reports the administrative actions of EO advisors and program managers. Users will be able to track complaints, including sexual harassment and discrimination complaints, from start to "resolved."
The Defense Department, the Navy and the Texas Wind Group have signed a memorandum of agreement allowing construction of 83 wind turbines that have been modified so as not to impact operations at the nearby naval air station in Kingsville, Texas.
The Navy on Thursday initiated dismissal proceedings against two Marines from a squad that killed 24 unarmed Iraqi civilians in 2005, saying they lied to military investigators after the massacre.
The Air Force's comptroller poured $1 billion into a new enterprise resource planning system with virtually nothing to show for it after seven years. The service is restricting the ERP with details to come in the next few weeks.
Tags: DoD , financial improvement and audit readiness , ERP , Robert Hale , Robert McVay , Jamie Morin , Claire McCaskill , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government , Army , Marine Corps , Air Force , Robert Work , Jared Serbu
Navy and Marine Corps officials are upbeat about how they'll fare under the current round of budget cuts. Navy Department officials said the strategy DoD developed following the passage of the Budget Control Act aligns perfectly with the capabilities of the maritime services.
After a decade in which relatively few questions were asked about resource allocations, Navy and Marine Corps acquisition leaders are moving to adjust to a new reality.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.