Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
On this week's edition of Agency of the Month, Navy Rear Admiral Sean Buck, director of the 21st Century Sailor Office, joins host Sean McCalley to discuss the prevention of sexual assaults and suicides within the Defense Department.
Seth Cropsey, the former Deputy Undersecretary of the Navy and senior fellow at the Hudson Institute, talks about the basics of the Navy's struggles.
CACI International Inc. appointed David Wennergren, DoD's former assistant deputy chief management officer, as vice president of the company's Enterprise Technologies and Services business group.
The council is restructuring to match the Obama administration's technology priorities for innovation, governance and cybersecurity. It will now operate with three main committees instead of five.
Tags: technology , CIO Council , Bernie Mazer , Interior , Terry Halvorsen , cloud computing , Virtualization , zero client , hosted virtual desktop , Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative , Brocade , Jason Miller
The Navy entered 2010 with what officials say was a fleet that was well below acceptable standards for material readiness. It's made gains in its maintenance procedures since then, which the service says sequestration will quickly undo.
The Department of the Navy will begin to virtualize its services and hopes to achieve total server virtualization by 2017, in an effort to cut costs. The service has been active in cutting IT costs in the wake of Defense budget cuts.
Next fiscal year would lack the luxury of using prior-year unobligated funds to help fill the gap created by sequestration in 2013. The DoN also would still have more people on its payroll than it can afford to pay.
This week on "Off the Shelf," Elliott Branch, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Acquisition and Procurement discusses the Navy's procurement strategies.
July 16, 2013 (This show originally aired June 4, 2013)