Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Navy
Retired Adm. John Harvey, former commander of the Fleet Forces Command, joins Francis Rose.
The Government Accountability Office upheld the Navy's award to HP of its $3.5 billion Next Generation Enterprise Network contract after two losing bidders protested.
Virtually every one of DoD's acquisition programs took a hit from sequestration in the first year of sequestration, officials from each of the military services told lawmakers this week. But the next few years of the 10-year spending restrictions could be much more painful, especially if Congress doesn't return to the process of enacting regular appropriations bills.
The Navy said the suspect was in custody after the shooting at Naval Support Activity Mid-South in Millington, near Memphis. The Navy said two soldiers were wounded, though neither had life- threatening injuries.
Tags: DoD ,
A month after IT contractor Aaron Alexis gunned down a dozen colleagues at the Washington Navy Yard, the Navy has assembled a team of experts to handle every aspect of the recovery effort, from restoring operations at the facility to continuing to care for those affected by the tragedy. Dennis McGinn, the assistant secretary of the Navy for Energy, Installation and Environment (EI&E) has been tasked with leading the recovery task force.
Jamie Morin, the outgoing comptroller and President Barack Obama's nominee to be DoD's second director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation office, told lawmakers Thursday that the Air Force would struggle to meet the 2014 financial management deadline. Jo Ann Rooney, the nominee to be undersecretary of the Navy, said furloughs from sequestration and the government shutdown have delayed progress on several programs.
Tags: management , Congress , DoD , Jo Ann Rooney , Jamie Morin , Michael Lumpkin , financial management , audit readiness , Carl Levin , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , acquisition , government shutdown , sequestration , Jason Miller , Air Force ,
CAPT James Kilby, deputy for Ballistic Missile Defense, AEGIS, and Destroyers in the Navy's Surface Warfare Directorate, joins host Sean McCalley on this week's Agency of the Month program to discuss the agency's next-gen AEGIS system.
The FBI says Aaron Alexis did not target individuals when he went on a shooting spree at the Washington Navy Yard. A video released by the FBI shows Alexis arriving at the Navy Yard by car and entering Building 197, the headquarters of Naval Sea Systems Command.