Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Zoo
In celebration of Earth Day, the Smithsonian National Zoo releases the Endangered Song. Only 400 people get a copy, because there are just 400 Sumatran tigers left in the wild. Pamela Baker-Masson, associate director of communications for the zoo, told Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp why the song is so important to the zoo's mission. Read Federal News Radio's related article.
Kristen Clark is an animal keeper at the National Zoo, one of two who trains the lions — including the adult male, two lionesses and seven cubs. Federal News Radio interviews her as part of our Cool Jobs in Government series.
The Smithsonian has lost millions of dollars in equipment, paid hundreds of thousands more to settle an asbestos whistleblower suit, has lots of room for improvement when it comes to contracting and financial reporting... and has named a new director for the National Zoo.
The National Zoo is buzzing after the birth of its 50th kori bustard, an unusually large African bird that can weigh as much as 40 pounds.
Tags: kori bustard
Tags: Tiger Cubs
The Smithsonian Institution is offering buyouts to its federal employees for the second time in two years amid federal budget constraints.
Maryland authorities have charged an SUV driver after a crash that overturned a bus carrying a kindergarten class on a Washington-bound field trip, injuring 17 people.