Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Security Agency
Dan Juengst, senior cloud strategist for Red Hat discusses how his company is helping federal agencies with their cloud computing needs.
June 11, 2013
Tags: technology , cloud computing , Dan Juengst , Red Hat , open government , open data , Open source software , data management , Linux , private cloud , public cloud , hybrid cloud , IaaS , PaaS , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Administration officials and lawmakers say America is losing an aggressive cyber-espionage campaign waged from China.Both sides agreed to push legislation that would make it easier for the government and industry to share information about who is getting hacked and what to do about it.
NSA, DHS taking steps to improve information sharing by creating a set of standardized technical specifications that let machines detect cyber threats and communicate them to one another in real-time. Whole of government approach is starting to take shape when it comes to cybersecurity.
Congress has a lot of unfinished business to tackle during its lame duck session expected in November. The House Intelligence Committee chairman thinks new threat information could push cyber legislation up the priority list.
Nominee says a cyber war in and of itself would not exist, but more likely would be a part of a larger military campaign.
My countdown of the three biggest news stories of the week, as chosen by experts on the Federal government
Tags: Federal News Countdown , Jonathan Breul , Debra Roth , Todd Platts , Comptroller General , Government Accountability Office , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , transition , Fort Hood , Robert Gates , acquisition , Defense Department , DoD , Pentagon , Federal Protective Service