Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Research Council
New study by the National Research Council says DoD needs to develop a new strategy to better understand what's happening in a world of more globalized defense research. By 2050, the authors note, more than four-fifths of R&D activity will be happening outsize the U.S.
Sean Patton of Lockheed Martin talks about the EPA's migration to a collaboration and communication service. Sanjay Koyani discusses a partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other Health and Human Services components to get better leverage out of the information it has. Engineer Norman R. Augustin talks about a new report on STEM prepared by the National Academy of Engineering and the National Research Council.
Tags: Sean Patton , Lockheed Martin , EPA , cloud computing , email migration , technology , Sanjay Koyani , Center for Tobacco Products , FDA , Norman Augustine , National Academy of Engineering , STEM , federal drive
A National Research Council report recommended Congress and the White House take a broader view at planning and allocating funds for the resources maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers.
A federal agency supports a plan to sell New York's Plum Island, home to the country's only laboratory that studies infectious animal diseases that could affect the livestock industry, according to a draft report by the agency.
A new congressionally mandated report from the National Research Council, evaluates how DHS assesses potential national threats -- such as a terrorist attack, natural disaster, or pandemic -- to prioritize actions needed to reduce and mitigate such catastrophes. John Ahearne tells us about the findings.
Plans for a risk assessment for a proposed Fort Detrick facility are missing a number of critical elements, according to a report issued Friday.
The National Research Council says that a rise in sea levels of about three feet could jeopardize $100 billion worth of Navy installations.
Last week, a National Research Council committee released a 170-page report casting doubt on the science the FBI used in its investigation, leaving the Justice Department with circumstantial evidence that many say wouldn't hold up in court
A new report from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says the FDA should become more proactive when it comes to food-borne illnesses.