Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Institute of Standards and Technology
A savings of $2 million per year is now being realized at the U.S. Mint after an innovative engineer stepped out of the box and asked a friend at another federal agency for help. In part three of our special report, Rainmakers and Money Savers, Federal News Radio takes you inside the lab where a group of engineers and nanotribologists combined their expertise to solve a coin-making problem and, in turn, saved a lot of cash.
Maryland has announced plans to be "front and center" among states when it comes to developing the tools of cybersecurity.
New National Institute of Standards and Technology Director Patrick Gallagher wants his top managers to take another look at NIST's organizational structure.
A Frederick County woman is being held without bail in the Montgomery County Detention Center on a charge of attempted murder in an attack on a woman who is nearly nine months pregnant, Montgomery County Police said Saturday.
Thursday, March 24th, 2010 at 11:00am
Identity and Cyber Security will play a critical role in building and managing a Smart Energy Grid. More secure and reliable access based on known and verifiable Identity will provide greater efficiency, ease of use, and security. With this decentralization, more complex systems of access management will be needed to permit authorized people the ability manage their areas of responsibility, to provide the frameworks necessary to create trust, to verify information, and to allow greater consumer participation in electrical services.
Tags: technology , Booz Allen Distinguished Speaker Series , identity , cyber security , Smart Energy Grid , National Energy Technology Laboratory , Tennessee Valley Authority , Software Engineering Institute , George Arnold , Steve Bossart , James Sample , Bill Wilson