Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Guard and Reserves
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve was set up in 1972 to help employers enable members of the National Guard and Reserve to re-enter the civilian job market.
America's citizen soldiers, who train in their hometowns for a weekend a month and two weeks a year, are paid more for one day of training at home than their fellow National Guard and Reserve members earn for a day serving in the war zone.
A staggering 45 percent of the 1.6 million veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are now seeking compensation for injuries they say are service-related.
Changes to the TRICARE Dental Program will mean some National Guard and Reserve members will have to pay their premiums the old-fashioned way.
The National Guard and Reserves used to be called the "weekend warriors;" a force of last resort. But since the Sept. 11 attacks, there's been increasing reliance on the Guard and Reserves for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Travis Sharp, a research associate at the Center for a New American Security, talks about the findings in his organization's new report about the use of the Guard and Reserves.
Learn more in today's DoD Report
The Defense Department is reaching out to employers of National Guardsmen and Reservists with a major survey to find out how the past decade of war and the heavy use of Reserve-component forces has affected their civilian workplaces.