Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Guard
A new gallery at the National Guard Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C., opens Monday to commemorate the role of the National Guard since 9/11.
Military personnel will have a role both in the inaugural parade itself and providing security and support around the hundreds of thousands of people who will descend on the National Mall on Jan. 21.
NASCAR and bass fishing can count on the military to keep the sponsorship money coming.
Senate panel rejects Air Force's proposed decreases to National Guard aircraft and personnel, orders cutbacks in DoD civilian and contractor personnel and imposes contractor salary caps.
Tags: DoD , DoD budget , Congress , Senate , Senate Armed Service Committee , National Defense Authorization Act , Air Force , Air National Guard , Carl Levin , John McCain , Pat Leahy , Harry Wyatt , TRICARE , pay and benefits , workforce , Jared Serbu
The Air Force plans to further reduce its ranks by 9,900 airmen as part of DoD's overall budget reductions. The personnel cuts tilt heavily toward the Air National Guard.
The National Guard and Reserve will be key to implementing the Pentagon's plans for "reversible" cuts to military ground forces, the Defense Department's top policy official said Monday. DoD is still trying to figure out the best ways to keep at least part of the reserve component in an operational status after 10 years of war.
Government Accountability Office reports that the National Guard is facing difficulties in keeping people with the know-how for dealing with emergencies.