Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Federation of Federal Employees
Re-learning how to talk can improve your agency's labor-union relationships.
On John Berry's last day as director of the Office of Personnel Management, the consensus from federal employees and employee groups he has worked with the past four years is that his shoes will be hard to fill and that he has been an utmost advocate for federal employees in a tough political climate of furlough talk, budget negotiations and a rebounding economy.
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air.
Tags: Guantanamo prison , Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.) , Wired Magazine , The Washington Post , Rep. Kathy Hochul (D-N.Y.) , TSA , Department of Veteran Affairs , Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) , Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.) , Scott Gould , Department of State , Hillary Rodham Clinton , Susan Rice , Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)
Host Mike Causey will talk about the Thrift
Savings Plan with Tom Trabucco, director of
external affairs for Federal Retirment Thrift
Investment Board. Federal Times Reporters
Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly also join the show
to discuss how Congress is changing your federal
February 22, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , retirement , Thrift Savings Plan , Tom Trabucco , Federal Thrift Investment Board , NARFE , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , Sean Reilly , budget cuts , John Bogle , Vanguard mutual funds , Allan Roth , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
Bill Dougan, the president of the National Federation of Federal Employees, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the importance of federal labor-management forums and why they could hang in the balance.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the pay gap is 26.3 percent, up from 24 percent last year.
Defense Business Board convenes a second day of hearings on NSPS, the controversial pay-for-performance program at the Department of Defense. Members of the public, DoD staff and supervisors will follow six experts who, on Thursday, defended and attacked NSPS.
With the clock ticking toward the Defense Business Board's final report on the National Security Personnel System, have attitudes changed among the federal labor unions who have been vehemently against it? Conversations with two union officials suggest the answer is "no".
One of the major functions of the FWA will be to get federal sector unions on the same page when dealing with Congress and the Administration.