Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relat
At the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations meeting, several employee representatives said the time has come for the committee to put more pressure on agencies to have more of the collaborative forums up and running well. During a time of budget reductions, possible furloughs and a government shutdown, the unions say the forums provide a way for agencies to better manage all of these fiscal challenges.
Tags: management , workforce , John Berry , OPM , Danny Werfel , OMB , Scott Gould , VA , David Kappos , Patent and Trademark Office , Bill Dougan , NFFE , Michael Filler , International Brotherhood of Teamsters , David Holway , National Association of Government Employees , Robert Budens , Patent Office Professional Association , labor-management relations , Jason Miller
GS-12s to GS-15s want more say in labor-management conversations. Patricia Niehaus, the president of the Federal Managers Association, said too often political appointees and SESers are the only managers at the table. OPM's John Berry said he will work with FMA and others to figure out how to be more inclusive.
AFGE, NTEU lead discussion to broaden discussion about telecommuting to more than just during emergencies. The White House is working on a new governmentwide telework policy. AFGE wants to add telework options into new bargaining agreements.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller explains the new telework provisions in contracts from the American Federation of Government Employees.
The National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations miss a deadline to report to President Obama by at least 30 days. They need more time to figure out how to give managers and rank-and-file feds a place where they can sit down and discuss common problems.