Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Border Patrol Council
Union and CBP officials call for reform of outdated OT pay system, saying the purpose of Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime was misinterpreted.
Tags: workforce , management , Catherine Emerson , Jeh Johnson , DHS , Senate Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee , John Tester , Carolyn Lerner , OSC , Brandon Judd , Ronald Vitiello , CBP , administratively uncontrollable overtime , pay and benefits , Lauren Larson
Customs and Border Protection faces a bevy of lawsuits from immigrant advocacy groups. They allege Border Patrol agents had an American citizen deported, stopped another only to do a "citizenship checkup" and beat up another so badly she had to go to the hospital.
In order to counter funding reductions due to sequestration, Customs and Border Protection has begun sending furlough notices to many of its 60,000 employees. An officer in the union representing CBP agents says these measures amount to a 40 percent reduction in salaries.
George McCubbin, head of AFGE's National Border
Patrol Council, shares what it's like on the job
of a border patrol agent.
August 8, 2012(Encore presentation August 22, 2012)