Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: National Academy of Public Administration
Dan Blair, president & CEO of the National Academy of Public Administration and former deputy director of the Office of Personnel Management, and Kathryn Medina, senior vice-president of Global Human Resources for APCO Worldwide and former executive director of the Chief Human Capital Officers Council, count down the week's top federal stories with Francis Rose.
Data-driven strategic reviews are to your agency what an annual physical is to you. They may not be fun, but they help agencies know what's working and what's not. The National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA) releases a report today to help agencies get the most out of their annual check-ups. Brenna Isman is the project director and senior adviser at NAPA. She joined Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive to discuss why NAPA and the Office of Management and Budget worked together on this topic.
A House panel recently held back-to-back hearings: one with NASA Administrator Charles Bolden on the agency's budget request, and the other with the authors of a report on security at NASA centers. NASA is under pressure to show Congress it's tightening security following a high-profile case of a Chinese spy and other cybersecurity breaches that have flown under the radar. NASA requested a review of its security procedures after spotting some red flags. Joe Thompson, project director of the National Academy of Public Administration, organized the review. He told Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about the study. Read Federal News Radio's related article.
An independent group's report offers ways for agencies to evolve to continuous monitoring and risk-based approaches to cybersecurity within the existing Federal Information Security Management Act, and proposes more cooperation between CIOs and agency inspectors general.
Dan Blair, the president and CEO of the National Academy of Public Administration, recently testified before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee about restructuring federal agencies. He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his testimony and the prospects for an agency consolidation.
The Recovery Board and the National Academy of Public Administration want your ideas on how to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse of Recovery Act funds.
Problem is affecting members of the military, their families and civilians.