Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Nancy Sutley
After five years as chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ), Nancy Sutley will leave her position in February 2014. During Sutley's tenure, the Obama administration created the National Ocean Policy and Climate Action Plan.
Federal agencies released FY 2011 sustainability scorecards indicating overall progress.
Based on lessons learned over the last two years, new guidance is coming to help agencies refine their greenhouse gas efforts.
The Obama administration announced the release of the second annual sustainability performance plan for federal agencies at the annual Green Gov Symposium.
A Senate subcommittee wants to know how agencies are saving energy and money.
Tags: management , energy conservation , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Federal Financial Management subcommittee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Richard Kidd , Department of Energy , Dorothy Robyn , Department of Defense , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas
GreenGov Challenge starts today asking employees to submit ideas to lower the government's energy footprint. The contest ends on Oct. 31. A steering committee made up of senior agency officials will decide which ideas can be applied across the government.
Office of Federal Environmental Executive recognizes six agencies for their green IT efforts. The government disposes of 10,000 computers each week, EPA estimates.
Energy conservation and saving taxpayer dollars are the goals of an Executive order to agencies signed by the President last October. But what are the special challenges of complying with that order for Executive Branch agencies? A Senate committee spent yesterday afternoon getting a progress report.
Tags: management , energy conservation , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Financial Management, Government Informatio , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Richard Kidd , Department of Energy , Dorothy Robyn , Department of Defense , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas
Tags: Green government , management , technology , IT , acquisition policy , acquisition , contracting , policy , EPA , GSA , National Strategy for Electronics Stewardship , Energy Star , EPEAT , electronic product environmental assessment tool , Martha Johnson , Lisa Jackson , recycling , Ruben Gomez