Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Nancy Pelosi
Per diem rates for work-related federal travel in 2013 are frozen at 2012 levels, according to the General Services Administration. GSA sets the allowances for lodging, meals and other incidental expenses for federal employees who must travel for work. The standard per diem rate is $123 ($77 lodging, $46 meals and incidental expenses).
June 11th, 2009 at 11:00 AM
Join guest co-host: Mr. Al Tyree, Blacks In Government National Communication and Public Relations Chair Person for a discussion on issues confronting veterans. The guest is Mr. Joe Wynn, President of the Veterans Enterprise Training and Service Group and the Legislative and Regional Director for the National Association for Black Veterans. Joe is a former member of the U.S. Air Force, 66th Strategic Missile Squadron, from the Vietnam Era. He has served as an advisor to several Veterans groups and Chairs the Veterans Affairs Committee for the Washington DC Branch of the NAACP. Mr. Wynn has been passionate about veteran's issues for many years and was even appointed by the Honorable Speaker Nancy Pelosi to the Veterans Disability Benefits Commission to study the level of benefits offered to veterans who had incurred disabilities while serving in the military.
Lurita Doan's "12 Days of Consider This"
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she won't talk any more about her charge that the CIA lied about using waterboarding on terrorism suspects. She said in her own words she's said all she's going to say about it. But some Republicans aren't are not letting it go. Some members want an investigation her accusation that the CIA misled Congress. Earlier this month, Pelosi told reporters that she had not been told that waterboarding had been used against terrorism suspects, even though it had been. When asked whether she was accusing the CIA of lying to her, she said "yes."
The requirements will focus on training all members and their staffs. Chief administrative officer also recommends scanning mobile devices before and after overseas trips, as well as stronger encryption for wireless hardware.
Susan Page, Washington bureau chief for USA Today
A top aide to Nancy Pelosi told Democratic staffers that a shutdown is likely. The comments came after House Speaker John Boehner rejected any extension of the current spending levels.