Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Nancy Kichak
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
OPM said its goal is to get the average hire in their agency in 80 days. One way the agency will continue to bring down the average time is through a new set of applicant assessment tools. The first will launch in January for accountants and financial analysts.
Improvement needed in work-life balance.
OPM told a Senate subcommittee that recruitment, training and onboarding are among their top priorities to improve the Senior Executive Service. More than half of all SESers are eligible to retire by 2013. OPM's Nancy Kichak said SES pay compression is the biggest challenge in need of Congressional help.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , Daniel Akaka , OPM , White House , President's Management Council , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Carol Bonosaro , SEA , Senior Executive Service , compression pay , SES reforms , Jason Miller , President
The agency and the CIO Council creates a list of the competencies cybersecurity workers need. OPM's Kichak said agencies will have a common understanding of the skills and abilities these employees need.
The Office of Personnel Management has officially defined what it means to be a federal IT security worker.
OPM's Nancy Kichak explains how the cyber internship works.
Agencies will have defined benchmarks to hit for training current and future managers.
What's the best way to train the next generation of federal agency supervisors? a Senate panel holds an oversight hearing exploring proposed legislation to improve the way that potential mid-level managers are trained, and ways to continue and enhance the training and experience they already have.
Tags: management , Pay&benefits , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Daniel Akaka , OPM , Marilee Fitzgerald , DoD , defense , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Max Cacas