Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Nancy Floreen
Montgomery County officials this week are expected to learn how their jurisdiction got to the point of facing a projected shortfall of roughly $200 million.
Montgomery County Police feel that budget cuts hurt police more than anyone else in the county. Walter Bader, with Police Union FOP Lodge #35, complains that police are having to do less with more, and will be furloughed while school employees will not.
Tags: Montgomery County Police Department , Montgomery County Council , budget , Walter Bader , Dr. Jerry Weast , ike leggett , Educational Facilities Officers , Joseph Lowery , James Hubert High School , Springbrook High School , Kate Ryan
The Montgomery County Council has been saying for months the 2011 budget would have everyone feeling the pain. That assessment appears to be right on the money.
Tags: Montgomery County Council , budget , layoffs , furloughs , ambulance fees , libraries , Maryland General Assembly , teacher pension , Montgomery County Public Schools , Dr. Jerry Weast , phil andrews , Mike Knapp , Kate Ryan
Time is running out for a complicated plan to merge Montgomery County's police force with Maryland-National Capital Park Police.
Tags: Maryland National Capital Park police , Montgomery County , Montgomery County Council , Prince George's County , Isiah Leggett , Montgomery County Police , Maryland General Assembly , Evan Haning
The Montgomery County Council is exploring fundamental changes to avoid another huge budget deficit, but new taxes likely aren't on the immediate horizon.
Despite a tempestuous political sphere nationwide, every incumbent, all Democrats, retook their council seats in Montgomery County, where the closest margin was a 19-point victory over the Republican challenger in District 2.
Tags: Hans Riemer , Craig Rice , Duchy Trachtenberg , Marc Elrich , George Leventhal , Roger Berliner , Phil Andrewss , Nancy Navarro , Valerie Ervin , Patricia O'Neill , Shirley Brandman , Judy Docca , Mike Durso , Montgomery County Council , Montgomery County Board of Elections , Paul D. Shinkman
"We're losing about $14 million, and we'll be looking to balance the budget accordingly," says Montgomery County Council President Nancy Floreen.
The number of pedestrians killed by cars can be cut down by making design changes to streets, the president of the Montgomery County Council says.
It's early in the budget process, but Montgomery County already sees a $143 million budget gap. And the county's Director of Budget and Management Joseph Beach tells WTOP layoffs are likely.
County Executive Ike Leggett says department heads should prepare for 10 percent to 15 percent reductions in the next fiscal year.