Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Nancy Fichtner
President Obama makes announcement on Monday.
Nominee Nancy Fichtner is with the VA medical center in Grand Junction, Colorado.
Colorado VA employee wins grass-roots competition for ideas to save government money; President says contest will be annual affair.
Nancy Fichtner from Grand Junction, Colo., will present her idea to the President Dec. 21.
The Office of Management and Budget chose four ideas out of 18,000 entries that will save the government money. The winner will get to meet President Obama and present their idea. Voting starts today.
Tags: management , Jeff Zients , Marjorie Cook , Thomas Koenning , Paul Behe , Trudy Givens , OMB , USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service , Labor Department's Mine Safety and Health Administ , DHS , Justice Department's Bureau of Prisons , VA , SAVE Award , Jason Miller
White House now eyes good ideas from industry. OMB also tells agencies to apply other contest suggestions within their agencies, including electronic pay stubs. President Obama says SAVE award will be an annual contest.