Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Nancy Fichtner
President Obama makes announcement on Monday.
Nominee Nancy Fichtner is with the VA medical center in Grand Junction, Colorado.
Colorado VA employee wins grass-roots competition for ideas to save government money; President says contest will be annual affair.
Nancy Fichtner from Grand Junction, Colo., will present her idea to the President Dec. 21.
The Office of Management and Budget chose four ideas out of 18,000 entries that will save the government money. The winner will get to meet President Obama and present their idea. Voting starts today.
Tags: management , Jeff Zients , Marjorie Cook , Thomas Koenning , Paul Behe , Trudy Givens , OMB , USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service , Labor Department's Mine Safety and Health Administ , DHS , Justice Department's Bureau of Prisons , VA , SAVE Award , Jason Miller
White House now eyes good ideas from industry. OMB also tells agencies to apply other contest suggestions within their agencies, including electronic pay stubs. President Obama says SAVE award will be an annual contest.