Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Najibullah Zazi
Locations in Washington, New York and Boston may have been under surveillance by terror organizations for months -- and terrorists may try to launch numerous small scale attacks in the coming months, U.S. intelligence sources say.
Tags: national security , homeland security , Michael T. McCaul , Times Square bombing , Faisal Shahzad , Pakistan , Afghanistan , Al Qaeda , NATO , Terek-e-Taliban , Fox News , John Brennan , Barack Obama , Michael Hayden , CIA , terror attacks , terrorism
Arrested for lying to authorities, Najibullah Zazi now faces conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction. Prosecutors say he and others planned for a year to build and detenoate homemade bombs somewhere in the U.S. In the detention motion prosecutors say he remained commited to detonating the devices up until the day he was arrested. There's no mention of where or when the attack(s) would take place. The charge of conspiracy suggests there are more people involved and authorities are trying to figure out how many and where they are.
Attorney General Eric Holder says the alleged terror plot disrupted in New York was one of the most serious in the United States since the 2001 terror attacks. In a question-and-answer session with reporters, Holder said Tuesday that prosecutors will bring all those involved in the plot to justice. He would not give a timeline when more arrests might come or say how many people might be involved. So far, one suspect, Najibullah Zazi, has been charged with conspiring to detonate bombs in the United States, and two others have been charged with lying to investigators in the case.