Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NTEU
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , Barack Obama , John Boehner , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Congress , Dina Long , Dan Adcock , NARFE , AFGE , SSA , DoT , FAA , Jason Miller , budget , furlough , budget 2011
Two employee unions, NTEU and NFFE, want their members to make their voices heard about what they say is the real impact of a government shutdown. The organizations are asking federal employees to call their member of Congress April 5. The unions also are trying to improve how they communicate with members about the shutdown.
On this week's show, host Mike Causey talks with NTEU president Colleen Kelley and Federal Times' Steve Watkins about different budget plans being considered and how they might hit you, or your agency, in the wallet.
Tags: pay and benefits , Your Turn with Mike Causey , Federal Times , Colleen Kelley , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , FY 2011 budget , FY 2010 budget , continuing resolution , IRS , SBA , SEC , Customs and Border Protection , HHS , USPS , CBP , DHS
Agency administrator John Pistole determined workers can hold a vote on whether to be represented by a union. Pistole's memo details four areas that will fall under collective bargaining if employees approve it.
Federal employee unions are preparing themselves for what could be a legislative battle over federal spending and job cuts. AFGE will lead a nationwide effort to change the conversation about the financial and social impact of federal employees. AFGE's president says verbal attacks against feds are the worst he's ever seen and he is disappointed that lawmakers aren't doing more to stop them.
What comes next for the federal government's internship programs? Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union, discusses the end of FCIP and the new Pathways Program.
Rep. Gerry Connolly's bill claims to increase transparency in life insurance payments.
NTEU president Colleen Kelley says that TSOs are being unfairly targeted.
The House passes the Telework Enhancement Act.
With the conclusion of the congressional elections, NTEU says it is time to put aside the politically-motivated criticism of federal employees and get down to the business of running the country. President Colleen Kelley joins us with details.