Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NTEU
Past 8 years 'frustrating' for new panel chair
Fed employee union scatters over Capitol to lobby
Improvement needed in work-life balance.
A bill to modernize the federal workers compensation program unanimously cleared a House committee.
OPM Director John Berry said the administration is trying to be "responsible and professional" when it comes to changing the bonus and pay structure. He said agencies should take a step back and make sure they are using these programs effectively and promoting the best employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , John Berry , Scott Gould , Greg Gilman , Jeff Risinger , OPM , OMB , VA , SEC , pay freeze , performance bonuses , within grade , Federal Labor Management Council , Jason Miller
Republican leaders of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee introduced a bill to reduce the size of the federal government by 10 percent, codifying the deficit commission's recommendation. The legislation also would not let agencies hire contractors to replace federal workers unless there is a "financial advantage to the government."
Tags: pay and benefits , Darrell Issa , Jason Chaffetz , Dennis RossHouse Oversight and Government Reform C , Colleen Kelley , workforce , Deficit Commission , Jason Miller , workforce reductions , Elijah Cummings , Reducing the Size of the Federal Government Throug , Congress
Workers at Uncle Sam's most touchy/feely agency must soon decide which union they want to represent them...even if they don't like any of the choices. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey ask so how's that going to work?
Neither of the two federal unions to represent 44,000 Transportation Security Agency employees received a majority of the vote. The election will go into a run-off in the next few weeks.
Unemployment benefits as well as other help is available for federal employees to help pay their bills in the event of a shutdown.
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , Barack Obama , John Boehner , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Congress , Dina Long , Dan Adcock , NARFE , AFGE , SSA , DoT , FAA , Jason Miller , budget , furlough , budget 2011