Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NTEU
A common stereotype suggests that Federal workers enjoy cushy, 9-to-5 jobs. But is that true? Federal News Radio's Max Cacas continues our week-long special series, "The Five Fallacies of Government". Today: "Federal workers are in and out in 8 hours."
Agency says burrowing is not a huge problem. But OPM director Berry sets new rules that take effect Jan. 1 to expand oversight and review of these proposed hires.
Omnibus spending bill includes 1-1/2% pay raise plus 1/2% locality increase. Labor-Management Forums will bring labor to the table at agencies. NTEU President Colleen Kelly likes both developments.
Administration officials still claim some success
Amid the controversy over an apparent attempted bombing of a jetliner over Detroit on Christmas Day, one Senator's efforts to block the nomination of the official responsible for the Transportation Security Administration is also getting headlines. Sen. Jim DeMint (R.-S.C.) wants a floor debate and roll call vote on the nomination of Erroll Southers to run the TSA. Federal worker labor unions charge that his political tactics are also meant to thwart President Obama's intention to allow TSA airport screeners to select unions and have collective bargaining rights
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Transportation Security Administration , Erroll Southers , U.S. Senate , Harry Reid , Jim DeMint , Colleen Kelley , AFGE , Sharon Pinnock , President Obama , Max Cacas
The union that represents IRS workers is ramping up a public campaign in hopes of convincing voters that the loss of 4,000 tax collectors and agents would be bad for government services that they depend on. Congressional appropriators have proposed cutting the division's budget by $450 million-to-$600 million.
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Amy Morris discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air.
The National Treasury Employees Union says the program that replaced the Federal Career Internship Program does not do enough to level competition in the federal hiring system.