Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NTEU
Amid the controversy over an apparent attempted bombing of a jetliner over Detroit on Christmas Day, one Senator's efforts to block the nomination of the official responsible for the Transportation Security Administration is also getting headlines. Sen. Jim DeMint (R.-S.C.) wants a floor debate and roll call vote on the nomination of Erroll Southers to run the TSA. Federal worker labor unions charge that his political tactics are also meant to thwart President Obama's intention to allow TSA airport screeners to select unions and have collective bargaining rights
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Transportation Security Administration , Erroll Southers , U.S. Senate , Harry Reid , Jim DeMint , Colleen Kelley , AFGE , Sharon Pinnock , President Obama , Max Cacas
The union that represents IRS workers is ramping up a public campaign in hopes of convincing voters that the loss of 4,000 tax collectors and agents would be bad for government services that they depend on. Congressional appropriators have proposed cutting the division's budget by $450 million-to-$600 million.
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Amy Morris discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air.
The National Treasury Employees Union says the program that replaced the Federal Career Internship Program does not do enough to level competition in the federal hiring system.
Do you think that special hiring and intern programs are unfair to the majority of federal workers? If so, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you are not alone.
But lawmakers also increase DoD pay raise to 3.4 percent. Employee unions say they will push for pay parity.
A bill that would boost federal retirement benefits and give workers new TSP investment options is halfway home but Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the hard part is still ahead.
Colleen Kelley, President of NTEU, will join hosts Bill Bransford and Maria Coleman to discuss NTEU's new public service campaign to promote federal employees.
Federal employees covered under some of the more expensive plans in the Federal Employees Heath Benefit Program now have some breathing room as well.