Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NSA
Senate version of the cyber legislation includes a provision to let the Homeland Security Department take specific steps to be more competitive in hiring cyber workers. Secretary Janet Napolitano said DHS is in the midst of hiring hundreds, but could use many more.
The White House issued a seven-page executive order Saturday directing U.S. spy agencies to share intelligence about cyberthreats with companies operating electric grids, water plants, railroads and other vital industries. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said the military was prepared to retaliate if the U.S. is attacked by cyberweapons.
Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise will reach initial operating capability next March on the way to full implementation in 2018. The NGA and DIA are building a common desktop for all of the intelligence community agencies.
Tags: intelligence , technology , ODNI , NGA , GEOINT , James Clapper , Letitia Long , Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise , shared services , cloud computing , common desktop , Jared Serbu , CIA , DIA
Agencies and universities are refining job descriptions, revamping training and education programs and helping industry, academia and government to begin to reach consensus on the makeup of a modern-day cybersecurity workforce. The Office of Personnel Management also has made changes to personnel systems so that job descriptions map to the framework. The plan already has had in impact on cyber education at colleges and universities across the country.
Tags: cybersecurity , technology , NIST , DHS , DISA , Peggy Maxon , Roger Greenwell , Charles Clancy , Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University , Hume Center for National Security and Technology , Jared Serbu , INSA , workforce
Military's cyber offense and defense strategies are being executed by two separate teams that can't sufficiently share knowledge, per the commander of U.S. Cyber Command
NSA director Gen. Keith Alexander gave the keynote at this year's Defcon in Las Vegas.
The Pentagon is still grappling with how to write the rules of cyberwarfare, such as when and how to fire back against a computer-based attack, senior military leaders told Congress Wednesday.
The pressing need for cybersecurity legislation has led to widely divergent paths in the House and Senate. The House has opted for a more incremental approach, while the Senate has crafted comprehensive legislation
Tags: cybersecurity , Harry Reid , Darrell Issa , John McCain , Mike Rogers , Dan Lungren , DHS , House Homeland Security Intelligence Committee , Joseph Lieberman , Dianne Feinstein , Jay Rockefeller , Susan Collins , Michael McCaul , NSF , Elijah Cummings , Congress , House , Senate
Chris Inglis is the deputy director and senior civilian leader of the National Security Agency. In this role, he acts as the agency's chief operating officer.
Tags: Chris Inglis ,
Chris Inglis, the deputy director of the National Security Agency, said agencies need good managers and leaders, as well as employees with specific skill sets. He said NSA's balance between the three is helping it succeed at its core missions.