Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NSA
Military's cyber offense and defense strategies are being executed by two separate teams that can't sufficiently share knowledge, per the commander of U.S. Cyber Command
NSA director Gen. Keith Alexander gave the keynote at this year's Defcon in Las Vegas.
The Pentagon is still grappling with how to write the rules of cyberwarfare, such as when and how to fire back against a computer-based attack, senior military leaders told Congress Wednesday.
The pressing need for cybersecurity legislation has led to widely divergent paths in the House and Senate. The House has opted for a more incremental approach, while the Senate has crafted comprehensive legislation
Tags: cybersecurity , Harry Reid , Darrell Issa , John McCain , Mike Rogers , Dan Lungren , DHS , House Homeland Security Intelligence Committee , Joseph Lieberman , Dianne Feinstein , Jay Rockefeller , Susan Collins , Michael McCaul , NSF , Elijah Cummings , congress , House , Senate
Chris Inglis is the deputy director and senior civilian leader of the National Security Agency. In this role, he acts as the agency's chief operating officer.
Tags: Chris Inglis ,
Chris Inglis, the deputy director of the National Security Agency, said agencies need good managers and leaders, as well as employees with specific skill sets. He said NSA's balance between the three is helping it succeed at its core missions.
The National Security Agency and the CIA helped Israel develop the "flame" computer virus.
Gen. Keith Alexander, who runs the National Security Agency, endorsed the idea of using a cloud computing facility to share cybersecurity information with the private sector.
Efficient recruitment and hiring practices might seem like a hard get at a high-security agency like NSA. But Kathy Hutson, the director of human resources at the National Security Agency, says the hiring protocols at her agency today demostrate all the reforms the Office of Personnel Management is recommending for the rest of government.
Kathy Hutson is the director of human resources at the National Security Agency.