Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NSA
Lawmakers renew call for White House oversight of all cybersecurity
Tags: technology , Rod Beckstrom , Bennie Thompson , Yvette Clarke , Dave Powner , DHS , GAO , White House , OMB , House Homeland Security Committee , National Cybersecurity Center , Oracle , Netwitness , Mary Ann Davidson , Amit Yoran , cybersecurity
Lawmakers place focus on government's relationship with industry to protect computer networks. Military testing system with Defense Industrial Base to share threat information.
Tags: technology , Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander , Bob Lentz , Rep. Diane Watson , Rep. Brian Billbray , Rep. Jim Marshall , Rep. Jeff Miller , DoD , STRATCOM , DHS , ODNI , OMB , House Armed Services Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity
With federal agencies like the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the National Security Agency, and soon, the Defense Information Systems Agency, within its borders, the state of Maryland believes that it is perfectly suited to help lead the national push towards cybersecurity. A report entitled "CyberMaryland", released at NIST yesterday, is a roadmap toward leveraging Maryland's high concentration of Federal facilities into new, high-tech jobs for its citizens.
Sources tell FederalNewsRadio that a leading candidate is a staff member on the Senate Intelligence Committee. In the meantime, former White House cybersecurity lead Hathaway and other industry experts offer the new cyber coordinator some advice about priorities and challenges.
Tags: technology , management , Howard Schmidt , James Langevin , Sameer Bhalotra , White House , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , DHS , DoD , FBI , ODNI , Melissa Hathaway , Mischel Kwon , Liesyl Franz , TechAmerica , RSA , Hathaway Global Strategies , information sharing
The National Security Agency will contribute the prize money for Maryland's first cyber competition. The agency says it wants to raise interest in cyber education and help ensure its future workforce.
A unanimous three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed a lower court ruling that a 2008 law granting legal immunity for companies helping the National Security Agency with an email and telephone eavesdropping program is constitutional.
A secure data link gets a stamp of approval from the National Security Agency. Learn more in today's Cybersecurity Update.
The National Security Agency wants to be able to outfit military personnel with commercial smartphones and tablets -- but based on a NSA security design.
Heather McColl is NSA's small business advocate. She tells Federal News Radio how NSA engages small businesses and the benefits both get from working together.