Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NSA
The head of U.S. Cyber Command says cloud computing is part of his plan for staying ahead of the cyber threats that face the Defense Department. “A year from now we should be well on our way to having a hardened architecture proven and in place, which provides a new level of cybersecurity,” said General [...]
The National Security Agency is testing a new IT architecture for securing data on mobile devices.
The National Security Agency tests a new IT architecture for securing data on mobile devices.
General Michael Hayden, the director of NSA from 1999 to 2005, says in order to protect people from vulnerabilities we need to first educate them of the risks, Wired Magazine reports.
Gen. Keith Alexander, commander of the military's new Cyber Command and the director of the NSA, said DoD can help protect private networks from cyber attack - especially critical infrastructure - without infringing on civil liberties. He said civilian agencies and private network operators could leverage NSA's capabilities without having the spy agency be in charge of security.
Tags: DoD , cybersecurity , technology , Keith Alexander , U.S. Cyber Command , DHS , Do William Lynn , privacy , civil liberties , Information Technology Exchange Program , industry , information sharing , Jared Serbu
Invited attendees will join the country's premiere cyber experts from U.S. Cyber Command, the National Security Agency, Defense Information Systems Agency and Department of Homeland Security plus top cyber intelligence officials, defense and commercial industry leaders from Constellation Energy, Federal Reserve, HP, Johns Hopkins Healthcare System, Lockheed Martin, ManTech, SAIC, TASC, TeleCommunication Systems for an interactive discussion with Maryland educators from K-12, colleges and universities and workforce development organizations.
Tags: Federal Drive , Cybersecurity Update , cybersecurity , Johns Hopkins , pay and benefits , contracting , technology , U.S. Cyber Command , DISA , DHS , Constellation Energy , Lockheed Martin , ManTech , SAIC
The National Security Agency has launched two new digital communications efforts. Both are designed to educate prospective employees on career opportunities with NSA. We get details from NSA's Lori Weltman.
David Rice has also served as a Global Network Vulnerability analyst for the National Security Agency, sources tell Computer Business Review.
GovInfoSecurity reports on a new application for smartphones designed to recruit cybersecurity professionals.