Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NSA
F.A.O. Schwarz Jr., former chief counsel for the Church Commission, and more than a dozen former congressional aides urged Congress to appoint a special panel to examine the secretive operations of the CIA and the National Security Agency and their impact on Americans' civil liberties.
Gen. Keith Alexander, who will soon retire as the first commander of U.S. Cyber Command, said his organization has matured to the point that it should join the club of unified commands that report directly to the President.
Defense Intelligence Agency chief Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn told the House Intelligence Committee that his agency has to assume that former National Security Agency analyst Edward Snowden took every document he accessed, and that much of it concerned Pentagon programs.
A pilot project is part of NSA's push to layer commercial technologies and standards on top of one another to achieve security goals more quickly. This approach would replace the government-specific IT solutions that can take years and millions of dollars to develop.
Despite progress by some agencies in processing FOIA requests, Patrice McDermott of OpenTheGovernment.org says its difficult to measure how open the government really is.
Gen. Keith Alexander, head of the U.S. Cyber Command and the National Security Agency, said the greatest impact of the ongoing government shutdown on cybersecurity is on the morale of the cyber workforce.
Tags: Keith Alexander , U.S. Cyber Command , Central Security Service , GDIT Cyber Reports , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Workforce , workforce , government shutdown , National Cybersecurity Awareness Month , Michael OConnell
The bill would conform, mostly, with the House's most recent Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act. Both the House and Senate bills are trying to find common areas to incentivize private sector companies to share information on any malicious code their firms encounter, both by providing them with liability protections that would shield them from lawsuits that could otherwise follow from sharing information with competitors or with the government, and by convincing them that federal agencies are capable of securely communicating threat information between the private and public sectors.
Tags: technology , cybersecuirty , Congress , Senate Intelligence Committee , House Intelligence Committee , Mike Rogers , Saxby Chambliss , Dutch Ruppersberger , Keith Alexander , DHS , Mike McCaul , Jared Serbu