Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
On this week's Capital Impact show, Liberty Group Ventures President Kiersten Todt will discuss how corporations and the general public are handling the rollout of the cybersecurity framework.
November 13, 2013
Organizations postponed several large conferences earlier this week after the government shutdown. More than 100 other events are scheduled in October in the Washington area, and could be in jeopardy if the partial closure of the government continues.
Jim Williams, vice president at DAON, and Conor White, the president of the DAO division, X-Products, will discuss the changing world of identity management in the federal workspace.
October 1, 2013
Tags: technology , cloud computing , identity management , Jim Williams , Daon , Conor White , X factor , information technology , identity theft , passwords , smart phones , mobile technology , face recognition technology , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The preliminary version of the framework will be published in mid-October, followed by several months of public comment. NIST plans a final release of the voluntary framework in February.
SecureKey Technologies will build a portal in the cloud to handle the identity management process and connect one username or password or digital certificate to many services. The contract is worth $15.1 million over three years.
Tags: technology , identity management , cloud computing , USPS , Naomi Lefkovitz , National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace , SecureKey Technologies , industry , contracting , Federal Cloud Credential Exchange , Jason Miller
The departments of Commerce, Homeland Security and Treasury submitted suggestions to the White House on what incentives the government can offer to induce critical infrastructure providers to use the cybersecurity framework to improve their systems and networks. NIST is leading an effort to develop the framework with industry.
NIST and the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellece (NCCoE) want to facilitate public-private collaborations surrounding cybersecurity solutions by creating a new research-and-development center.
Alex Grohmann and John Dyson from the Northern Virginia Chapter of the Informations Systems Security Association, join host John Gilroy to talk about what you can do to make your agency more secure.
July 9, 2013
Tags: technology , FedRAMP , IT security , cloud computing , Information Systems Security Association , ISSA NOVA , Alex Grohmann , Morgan Franklin , John Dyson , Deloitte , continuous monitoring , NIST 800-53 , NIST special publication 800-53 Rev 4 , information technology , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk